Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Questions? We've Got Answers!

"Should students who have disabilities be taught the same curriculum as other students?"

"Do different kinds of teaching methods work better for different kinds of learners?"

"How should I grade a student who has a disability?"

As an educator, have you ever asked yourself any of the questions above? I know that I have many times. I have learned a lot about the power of inclusion regarding the education of a student with disabilities. I know that students encompass a wide variety of multiple intelligences, and therefore, different approaches to teaching and learning should be set into place for students. This is beneficial to ALL learners... For example, I learn best through music. There is something about the rhythm, repetition, and beat that intellectually brings me to life. I also am highly visual when it comes to computing language. Once I see the question on a test written out for me, I have a much better chance at understanding the meaning and being able to correctly answer the question.  When it comes to assessment, I just do not do well on multiple choice exams... My brain seems to shut-down and I become highly, overly analytical.

These are things that I learned from my MAT program, but were enhanced and fortified through the following link.  I found answers to many of my questions here, and feel way more prepared to deal with all types of learners after following the links matched to each question.  Search around and let me know what you find most valuable, or what you are still curious about/struggling with after you are done looking through the site.  I hope it helps you out as much as it helped me!

Special Education Resources for General Educators Website

No comments:

Post a Comment